- Measures turbidity from 0.01 to 200 NTU
- Sensor with built-in preamplifier permits installation up to 200m from panel instrument
- Low maintenance requirements
- Easy installation
- Set point with adjustable dead band and time delay
- Voltage and current (4‑20 mA) analog output
The TW 565 turbidity meter is a precision, modern design instrument, suitable for turbidity measurements in industrial applications.
Typical areas of application are :
- public waters (rivers, lakes and reservoirs)
- swimming pools
- outlet of waste water treatment plants (urban and industrial)
- food, chemical and pharmaceutical industry
The basic system consists of :
- Panel mounting instrument, type TW 565, placed in a flame resistant plastic enclosure (96 x 96 mm, according to DIN43700).
- Wall mounting instrument, type TW 565 / W, placed in a rugged, flame resistant plastic enclosure (ingress protection IP65).
- Industrial nephelometric turbidity sensor (90° nephelometry - red laser light beam) with build-in preamplifier, type CH 565, suitable for flow through mounting in series or bypass.
- Interconnection cable type CL 205 (standard length 10m provided, up to 200 m available on request)
The TW 565 turbidity meter provides a switching control output (relay contact). The set point can be accurately adjusted at any value within the measuring range and functions as a "hi" or "low" limit to the control process, with adjustable dead band and time delay on the activation of the output control signal.
The analogue output section of the TW 565 meter provides voltage (0 ... 2 V) and current (4 ... 20 mA) outputs. So the instrument can be connected to a recorder, PLC (via an A to D device) or auxiliary control devices such as the units PL 201 (for additional set points) and PL 214 (for proportional control of metering pumps), extending the control capabilities of the system and offering the ideal solution for almost any turbidity control application.
For optimum measuring accuracy, two different types of the system are available :
Type 1 : range 0 - 20 NTU (TW 565 -1 / CH 565 -1)
Type 1 : range 0 - 200 NTU (TW 565 -2 / CH 565 -2)
The robust construction and the sensor design with a built-in preamplifier, provide :
- Reliable operation in industrial applications and long service life.
- Low maintenance requirements.
- sensor installation at a distance up to 200m from panel instrument.
- convenient mounting and easy connection with the panel instrument, using a single cable.